Use the links below to answer the questions on your Christmas Internet Scavenger Hunt:
1. There is no #1........go on to #2.
2. From what part of the country did the Christmas song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" come?
Internet Resource: Christmas in the USA
3. Why do Christmas trees have to be imported into Greenland? Internet Resource: Christmas in Greenland
4. What holiday is celebrated the day after Christmas in Ireland? Internet Resource:Christmas in Ireland
5. Why is cotton used to decorate Christmas trees in Argentina? Internet Resource:Christmas in Argentina
6. What animals help Santa get around in Australia?
(Hint: They're not reindeer!) Internet Resource:Christmas in Australia
7. What famous Christmas song was written in Austria? Internet Resource:Christmas in Austria
8. What do children often do at Christmas Eve church services in Ghana? Internet Resource:Christmas in Ghana
9. When is the tradition of Réveillon in France celebrated? Internet Resource:Christmas in France
10. What kidn of food do Hungarians traditionally eat on Christmas Eve? Internet Resource:Christmas in Hungary
11. What game is popular at Posada parties in Mexico during the holiday season? Internet Resource:Christmas in Mexico
13. Who brings gifts to Ukrainian children at Christmas, and who is his helper? Internet Resource:Christmas in Ukraine
14. What instrument is often used to accompany carolers in Wales? Internet Resource:Christmas in Wales
15. What do people do in Spain after the Christmas Eve midnight mass? Internet Resource:Christmas in Spain
16. What is the shape of the popular buche de Noel cake made in France at Christmas time? Internet Resource:Christmas in France
17. What are the most popular Christmas tree decorations in China? Internet Resource: Christmas in China
18. In Austria, a bell is rung after Christmas
Eve dinner to signal the opening of a locked door. What are children
permitted to see for the first time behind the locked door? Internet Resource:Austria Holiday Traditions
19. What does The Grinch have in his smile? Internet Resource:Lyrics to Mr. Grinch
20. Which President celebrated Christmas around the first indoor White House Christmas Tree? Internet Resource:The White House Historical Association
(thanks to Misskayscomputer.com for the links and most of the questions)
2. As a group, we will fill out our evaluation worksheet.
3. Now go to this website: Solar System Exploration
1. With your partner fill out an evaluation worksheet for two websites. You only need to fill out one worksheet for each site. Pick one each from the following groups: